TUNKHANNOCK – Rep. Karen Boback (R-Lackawanna/Luzerne/Wyoming) has released the breakout session and special presentation schedule for her Healthy Habits and Wellness Expo, set for Wednesday, Aug. 9, at Misericordia’s Insalaco Hall from 3-7 p.m. In addition to the sessions, over 25 vendors will be on site to educate residents about local programs and services. The theme of this year’s expo is Healthy Body + Healthy Mind = Healthy Life.
The breakout sessions will run from 3-6 p.m. The schedule is as follows:
• 3 p.m. - Your Legal Questions Answered, by Ron Santora.
• 3:30 p.m. - Staying Safe on Social Media, by Steve Filipiak, Misericordia Web Content
• 4 p.m. - Smoking Cessation: We Can Help, by Eileen Panzarella, Pathway to Recovery.
• 4:30 p.m. - Scams and Fraud: Don’t Be A Victim, by Patrick Rushton, Victims Resource Center.
• 5 p.m. - Alzheimer’s Anonymous, by Jeffrey Dauber, Alzheimer’s Association.
• 5:30 p.m. - Tick Talk, by Lois Elick, Pennsylvania Department of Health.
• 6 p.m. - How Does My Garden Grow, by Penn State Master Gardeners.
The special presentations will run from 3:30-5:30 p.m. The schedule is as follows:
• 3:30 p.m. - Paint and Relax, by Rita Busch.
• 4 p.m. - Managing Stress at Work, by Christine Jensen.
• 4:30 p.m. - T’ai Chi, by Doreen Rakowski.
• 5 p.m. -Yoga and You, by Doreen Rakowski.
• 5:30 p.m. - Healthy Cooking, by Joe Sweeney, Metz Catering.
This is a free event. For more information, visit RepBoback.com
or contact her district offices at 570-836-4777 or 570-675-6000.
Representative Karen Boback
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Morgan Dux