– Rep. Karen Boback (R-Lackawanna/Luzerne/Wyoming) and the Office of Attorney General Josh Shapiro are teaming up to help residents of the 117th Legislative District gets answers to their consumer-related questions.
“On Tuesday, June 11, a representative from General Shapiro’s office will visit my Tunkhannock district office from 10 a.m. to noon,” said Boback. “This is the beginning of a series of opportunities for constituents to discuss general consumer concerns such as telephone scams and contractor issues with someone who can get answers for them.”
Appointments for this service are necessary and may be made by calling 570-836-4777 to reach the office, which is located at 133 West Tioga St., Suite 4, Tunkhannock.
“This is just one more way my staff and I try each month to make access to state government resources a bit easier for our constituents, who I hope will take advantage of these outreach opportunities,” she added.
Also, a member of Boback’s staff will be available to answer state government questions on the following dates:
• Tuesday, June 11 – 9-11 a.m., Hunlock Township Building, 33 Village Drive, Hunlock Creek
• Wednesday, June 12 – 10 a.m. to noon, Windham Township Municipal Building, 149 Palen St., Mehoopany
• Wednesday, June 14 – 9-11 a.m., Dalton Borough Building, 105 West Main St
.; then noon to 2 p.m., Factoryville Borough Building, 161 College Ave
• Tuesday, June 25 – 10 a.m. to noon, Meshoppen Borough Building, intersection of Canal Street and Route 267
; then at the Laceyville Borough Building, 324 Church St
• Thursday, June 27 - Falls Senior Center, 2813 Sullivan’s Trail, Falls
from 10 a.m. to noon.
Boback also offers the following services to local veterans in June:
• Monday, June 10 - the Mobile Vet Center will be in the parking lot of the Ace Hardware-Brady and Cavany Store, 809 Hunter Highway
, Eaton Township from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Some of the services available for veterans and their dependents include individual, group, family and bereavement counseling; medical referrals; assistance in applying for veterans affairs benefits; employment counseling; guidance and referrals; and alcohol and drug assessments.
• Friday, June 14 - a claims consultant from the American Legion will hold office hours at the Tunkhannock district office, 133 West Tioga St
., Suite 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Area veterans may seek assistance and information pertaining to specific benefits and programs. Additional meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of every month.
• Tuesday, June 18 - a claims consultant from the Wilkes-Barre VFW will visit my Dallas office from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to address questions and concerns of local veterans and their families.
Additional events hosted by Boback on Wednesday, June 26 include the following:
• A representative from the Centers for Independent Living (CIL) will be available for appointments all day at the Tunkhannock district office. CIL are community-based, cross-disability, non-profit organizations that are designed and operated by people with disabilities. Please call 570-836-4777 to make an appointment.
• A representative from Wilkes University Small Business Development Center will be at the Dallas district office from 9-11 a.m. Constituents interested in starting a small business or who need assistance with their business can receive free counseling and advice.
• A representative from the University of Scranton Small Business Development Center will be at the Tunkhannock district office from 10 a.m. to noon. The center provides educational programs and no-cost, confidential consulting services to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a small business.
For more legislative information, visit Boback’s website at RepBoback.com
Representative Karen Boback
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Andy Briggs