HARRISBURG – Rep. Karen Boback (R-Lackawanna/Luzerne/Wyoming) today announced her outreach events and satellite hours for the month of May. Representatives from several different organizations will offer assistance throughout the month at her district offices.
“I encourage residents of the 117th District to take advantage of these outreach opportunities. My staff and I look forward to helping people with their state-related matters,” said Boback.
A member of Boback’s staff will be available on the following dates:
• Wednesday, May 1
- Dalton Borough Building, 105 West Main St., from 9-11 a.m.; then at the Factoryville Borough Building, 161 College Ave., from noon to 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, May 8
- Windham Township Municipal Building, 149 Palen St., Mehoopany from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Tuesday, May 14
- Hunlock Township Building, 33 Village Drive, Hunlock Creek from 9-11 a.m.
• Thursday, May 23
- Falls Senior Center, 2813 Sullivan’s Trail, Falls from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Tuesday, May 28
- Meshoppen Borough Building, intersection of Canal Street and Route 267, from 10 a.m. to noon; then at the Laceyville Borough Building, 324 Church St. from 1-3 p.m.
Boback also offers the following services to local veterans:
• Wednesday, May
1 - a claims consultant from the American Legion will hold office hours at the Tunkhannock district office, 133 West Tioga St., Suite 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Area veterans may seek assistance and information pertaining to specific benefits and programs. Additional meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of every month.
• Monday, May 13
- the Mobile Vet Center will be in the parking lot of the Ace Hardware-Brady and Cavany Store, 809 Hunter Highway, Eaton Township from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Some of the services available for veterans and their dependents include individual, group, family and bereavement counseling; medical referrals; assistance in applying for veterans affairs benefits; employment counseling; guidance and referrals; and alcohol and drug assessments.
Additional events hosted by Boback on Wednesday, May 22
include the following:
• A representative from the Centers for Independent Living (CIL) will be available for appointments all day at the Tunkhannock district office. CIL are community-based, cross-disability, non-profit organizations that are designed and operated by people with disabilities. Please call 570-836-4777 to make an appointment.
• A representative from Wilkes University Small Business Development Center will be at the Dallas district office from 9-11 a.m. Constituents interested in starting a small business or who need assistance with their business can receive free counseling and advice.
• A representative from the University of Scranton Small Business Development Center will be at the Tunkhannock district office from 10 a.m. to noon. The center provides educational programs and no-cost, confidential consulting services to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a small business.
For more legislative information, visit Boback’s website at RepBoback.com
Representative Karen Boback
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Scott Little