Boback Announces April Outreach Hours
HARRISBURG – Rep. Karen Boback (R-Lackawanna/Luzerne/Wyoming) today announced her outreach events and satellite hours for April. Representatives from several different organizations will offer assistance at her district offices throughout the month. Please note these events are weather permitting.
“We offer a variety of opportunities for outreach and constituent assistance each month, and I encourage residents of the 117th District to take advantage of the many services we make available to them,” said Boback.
A member of Boback’s staff will be available at the following locations:
• Tuesday, April 4, at the Mehoopany Township Municipal Building, located at 237 Schoolhouse Road, Mehoopany, from 10 a.m. to noon, and then at the Meshoppen Borough Building, located at the intersection of Canal Street and Route 267 in Meshoppen from 1-3 p.m.
• Wednesday, April 5, at the Dalton Borough Building, located at 105 West Main St., Dalton, from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Tuesday, April 11, at the Hunlock Township Building, located at 33 Village Drive, Hunlock Creek, from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Thursday, April 13, at the Factoryville Borough Building, located at 161 College Ave. in Factoryville, from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Tuesday, April 18, at the Benton Township Community Center, located at 16043 Route 407 in Fleetville, from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Wednesday, April 19, at the Falls Senior Center, located at 2813 Sullivan’s Trail in Falls, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, April 25, at the Laceyville Borough Building, located at 342 Church St., Laceyville, from 3-5 p.m.
The Mobile Vet Center will be in the Ace Hardware-Brady and Cavany Store parking lot in Eaton Township on Monday, April 3, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Some of the services available for veterans and their dependents include individual, group, family and bereavement counseling; medical referrals; assistance in applying for Veterans Affairs benefits; employment counseling; guidance and referrals; and alcohol and drug assessments.
On Wednesday, April 5, the American Legion will hold office hours at the Tunkhannock district office, located at 133 West Tioga St., Suite 4, in Tunkhannock from 10 a.m. to noon.
A claims consultant from the American Legion will provide the assistance. Area veterans may seek assistance and information pertaining to specific benefits and programs. Additional meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of every month.
Boback will offer a concealed carry seminar on Tuesday, April 11, from 6-8 p.m. at the Dalton Fire Hall. The seminar is free and open to residents of the 117th Legislative District who are interested in learning more about our state’s concealed carry laws.
For more information and to register, visit RepBoback.com
or call her Tunkhannock district office at 570-836-4777.
A caseworker for U.S. Congressman Lou Barletta (R-Hazleton) will be at the Tunkhannock district office on Monday, April 17, from 10 a.m. to noon. Assistance will be available for constituents who are having problems with federal agencies and programs, and constituents are encouraged to bring documents they have received from federal agencies related to their issues.
Veterans outreach hours will be offered on Tuesday, April 18, at the Dallas district office from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A claims consultant from the Wilkes-Barre Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) will be on hand to address questions and concerns of local veterans and their families.
A representative from the Center for Independent Living is available for appointments at the Tunkhannock district office on Tuesday, April 18. Please call the Tunkhannock office at 570- 836-4777 to make an appointment.
A representative from the University of Scranton Small Business Development Center will be at the Tunkhannock district office on Tuesday, April 25, from 10 a.m. to noon. The University of Scranton Small Business Development Center provides educational programs and no-cost, confidential consulting services to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a small business.
For more legislative information, visit Boback’s website at RepBoback.com
Representative Karen Boback
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Morgan Dux