– Rep. Karen Boback (R-Lackawanna/Luzerne/Wyoming) today announced her outreach events and satellite hours for May. Representatives from several different organizations will offer assistance at her district offices throughout the month. Please note these events are weather permitting.
“My staff and I are here to help with state-related issues,” said Boback. “I offer these monthly hours to ensure residents of the 117th District can access many of the great opportunities for veterans assistance, help with federal issues, information about starting a small business and more.”
A member of Boback’s staff will be available at the following locations:
- Tuesday, May 1, at the Mehoopany Township Municipal Building, located at 237 Schoolhouse Road, Mehoopany, from 8-10 a.m., and then at the Meshoppen Borough Building, located at the intersection of Canal Street and Route 267 in Meshoppen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 2, at the Dalton Borough Building, located at 105 West Main St., Dalton, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Tuesday, May 8, at the Hunlock Township Building, located at 33 Village Drive, Hunlock Creek, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Thursday, May 10, at the Factoryville Borough Building, located at 161 College Ave. in Factoryville, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Tuesday, May 22, at the Laceyville Borough Building, from 3-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 23, at the Falls Senior Center, located at 2813 Sullivan’s Trail in Falls, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
On Wednesday, May 2, the American Legion will hold office hours at the Tunkhannock district office, located at 133 West Tioga St., Suite 4, in Tunkhannock from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
A claims consultant from the American Legion will provide the assistance. Area veterans may seek assistance and information pertaining to specific benefits and programs. Additional meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of every month.
The Mobile Vet Center will be in the Ace Hardware-Brady and Cavany Store parking lot in Eaton Township on Monday, May 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Some of the services available for veterans and their dependents include individual, group, family and bereavement counseling; medical referrals; assistance in applying for Veterans Affairs benefits; employment counseling; guidance and referrals; and alcohol and drug assessments.
A caseworker for U.S. Congressman Lou Barletta (R-Hazleton) will be at the Tunkhannock district office on Monday, May 21, from 10 a.m. to noon. Assistance will be available for constituents who are having problems with federal agencies and programs, and constituents are encouraged to bring documents they have received from federal agencies related to their issues.
A representative from the University of Scranton Small Business Development Center will be at the Tunkhannock district office on Tuesday, May 22, from 10 a.m. to noon. The University of Scranton Small Business Development Center provides educational programs and no-cost, confidential consulting services to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a small business.
Benton satellite hours along with VWF outreach are canceled due to the primary election on May 15.
For more legislative information, visit Boback’s website at RepBoback.com
Representative Karen Boback
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Morgan Dux