HARRISBURG – Rep. Karen Boback (R-Lackawanna/Luzerne/Wyoming) today announced her outreach events for January.
“Representatives from several different organizations will visit my district offices throughout January,” said Boback. “My staff and I offer these monthly outreach events to ensure residents of the 117th District have access to many of the great opportunities for veterans assistance, help with federal issues, information about starting a small business and more.”
• On Friday, Jan. 4, the American Legion will hold office hours from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tunkhannock district office, 133 W. Tioga St., Suite 4. Area veterans may seek assistance and information pertaining to specific benefits and programs. Please call (570) 836-4777 to make an appointment.
• On Monday, Jan. 14, the Mobile Vet Center will be set up from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Ace Hardware-Brady and Cavany Store, 809 Hunter Highway, Eaton Township. Some of the services available for veterans and their dependents include individual, group, family and bereavement counseling; medical referrals; assistance in applying for Veterans Affairs benefits; employment counseling; guidance and referrals; and alcohol and drug assessments.
• On Tuesday, Jan. 15, veterans outreach hours will be offered from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Dallas district office, 105 Lt. Michael Cleary Drive. A representative from the Wilkes-Barre VFW will answer questions and address concerns of local veterans and their families.
• On Wednesday, Jan. 16, a representative from the Center for Independent Living will be available for appointments at the Tunkhannock district office. The center provides innovative programs and services that empower persons with diverse disabilities to live well. Please call (570) 836-4777 to make an appointment.
• On Wednesday, Jan. 23, a representative from the University of Scranton Small Business Development Center will visit the Tunkhannock district office from 10 a.m. to noon. The center provides educational programs and no-cost, confidential consulting services to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a small business.
For more legislative information, visit Boback’s website at RepBoback.com
Representative Karen Boback
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Scott Little